In honor of National Cookie Day, I thought I’d share one of my favorite cookie recipes from Chef Chloe (thanks to Love and Flour who saved the recipe).
Chloe Coscarelli of Chloe’s kitchen created these yummy ‘Yoga cookies’ to have as an after yoga snack. They’re full of healthy, tasty ingredients like walnuts, oats and raisins, and they’re made without refined white sugar. I call them power cookies because they’re great to have between breakfast and lunch instead of reaching for our community candy bowl. #dammit.
Even a cookie monster would love these. Enjoy!
Author: Chole’s Kitchen by Chloe Coscarelli
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup canola or similar oil
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- ½ cup raisins (I used golden)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oil, syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the oats, coconut, raisins, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1½ to 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, then gently flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden.
Grab a few of these to have as a mid-morning snack or post-yoga fuel. Nom nom nom.
– Your Charmed Yogi
Related post: Savor the cookie of consciousness
yummmmm.. I love cookies and yoga. so nice when they can go together. 🙂
Pingback: Edamame Dearest, can you pass the hummus? | A Charmed Yogi
Pingback: Go ‘coco’nuts, wash your face in oil | A Charmed Yogi